Monday, June 10, 2013

Make art that sells... week 1




Well I survived week one of Lilla Roger's e-course "Make Art That Sells!" This week focused on the bolt fabric market. We first were assigned a mini exercise of drawing mushrooms followed by vintage pyrex. At midweek, the actual assignment was given of coming up with 2 patterns based on the mushrooms/pyrex along with any other retro-ish, kitchen elements. Never having been a huge fan of shrooms, I preferred the kitchen kitsch part. I tried to remember my days of combing Brimfield or the many cool antique shops in central Pennsylvania. So much fun and no end to the great inspiration, from tablecloths, pixie condiment jars, PA dutch decor... love that stuff! Anyway, I ended up submitting the first one (gray bkgd.) along with some coordinates. On to week 2!



No comments:

Post a Comment