Monday, February 24, 2014

happy happy alphabet...D!


As you may or may not know, last month, I was fortunate enough to join a collective with 5 other uber talented artist friends (Denise Holmes, Lauren Minco, Tammie Bennett, Emily Balsley and Muffin Grayson) called Happy Happy Art Collective. Our first ongoing group project is to all contribute to and alphabet series. We have a defined palette and each letter will be done by 2 illustrators. We are up to the letter D, which is my first crack at it! This is just a sneak peek, so to see the full piece, head on over to happy happy! I decided to turn my letters into tongue twisters, so this one involves danish ducks, donuts and dandelions... of course! I've always wanted to do an alphabet, but 26 letters seemed like so many to do, so I'm happy to get my feet wet and give it a go. It's really interesting to see how our different styles all come together in a group effort. Be sure to scroll down and see the previous letters and check back in later in the week to see Lauren and Denise's letter E's!

No comments:

Post a Comment