Wednesday, April 16, 2014

40 days of lettering... day 34


Yup, I'm still plugging away. This was a particularly long quote to work with, and seemed especially so since I started working on it the night before it was due :/ Desperate times, made me turn to desperate measures. I knew the only way this gets done in a few hours was to actually use some traditional media :O !!!!!! I know that might sound silly to most, but I haven't used something I've hand drawn and scanned in well.... I'm not sure I ever real have. gulp. And I gotta say, it was really quite a relief to lay off the pen tool in illustrator for a night. Not to say that I didn't use it altogether (don't go all crazy on me...) but I actually relied on my trusty micron, this after I searched the house for it. I still couldn't help myself from adjusting/smoothing out some points after doing live trace, but for me, it was a big deal. In the end, I like how it turned out. I can't see me changing my ways here, but I can see how it could be pretty handy to do line work, and a whole lot less mind numbing. Hey, baby steps...

Oh, and the interview with Matt Batten, Chief Creative Officer at Wunderman, can be read here

No comments:

Post a Comment