Saturday, August 24, 2013

happy vintage


I took some time recently to put together a few coordinating patterns based on my submission to Lilla Rogers Global Talent Search competition (more visuals and info on that to come!!). A number of my fellow semifinalists had been putting together pieces using some of the icons they used on their fall tote bag design, so I thought I would try to do the same. I wouldn't say this looks anything like what I ended up submitting other than the vintage vibe, but I had fun doing it.

I decided to try to focus the main pattern on the apple dude, but thought he would benefit from a little girlfriend ;) I had a retro tea towel idea when I started, but I think it ended up looking rather like vintage wallpaper. I do have a collection of old tablecloths from the 50's and they have a great deal of fruit art on them. It was a different look for me, pattern-wise, since my usual approach is to piece together my elements like a big puzzle... much like what I did in the lower left coordinate.

No comments:

Post a Comment