Friday, August 16, 2013

my first plate collection!




This past week, I took a little trip to check out "Marmalade,: a cool boutique in Watertown, MA that Lilla had taken us on a virtual tour of back in the gift market week. I discovered the most beautiful plates ever! Made by a Dutch design firm, Pipp Studio, the packaging is as beautiful as the plates... and the plates are stunningly sweet!






In looking at my portfolio, I've noticed that I have a lot of individual pieces, so I thought it was a good time to try to make a collection of sorts. I really enjoyed the ceramic plate assignment from Lilla Rogers Make Art that Sells course, so this seemed like a great opportunity to expand on a theme and the Pipp plates really got me thinking. At the time, I submitted for review the design on the bottom right, but I always kinda regretted that I didn't go with my first attempt on the lower left. I just liked the idea of a bird with an umbrella! Although I didn't really think so at the time, the 2 versions seemed to go together despite the obvious differences.I thought I could design some coordinating plates to go along with the original two. Which one do you like best? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment