Sunday, March 16, 2014

uppercase??? say whaaat??!!



Yup, it's true. I have no idea how or why, but I somehow made the cut and will be in the April issue of Uppercase which will feature the surface pattern design guide. I've never been in anything! Evidently there were close to 300 submissions of which 100 were selected. I ended up submitting at the last minute, sending in two different collections that I had already done. I will be interested to see which ones actually got in. Needless to say, I am humbled to know I made it. The beautiful art of fellow MATS graduate, the talented Jan Avellana, is featured here on the cover. Congrats Jan!! If you are not a subscriber, you really should be... it's a great publication and I pour over every page as soon as it arrives in my mailbox. Better yet, act before April 30th, and you can use this code, USPDG2014, to get $15 off your new subscription or renewal. Check it out here!

Below are the 2 collections I submitted. Can't wait to see what got picked!


     





No comments:

Post a Comment