Monday, June 30, 2014

illustration friday, beard and day 38!


So when I heard that this week's illustration Friday's topic was beard, I thought it sounded like a fun one. aaaannnnd, I thought it could serve as day 38 in my 40 days of lettering project! I was determined not to spend a lot of time on it and more importantly, NOT to do my usual, scan, redraw with the pen tool routine in AI. Too tedious and would have taken way too much time. I figured this kinda lent itself to more of a woodcut, rough look anyway. Broke out the Tombow brush pen I heard so many people rave about and went about my business. I did retrace my initial pencil, in pencil, to get a better idea of spacing and letter widths but I tried not to get too fussy, and this was the result!


4 comments:

  1. I love this! I'm also glad that Illustration Friday has led me to your 40 days of Lettering project. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhhh, thank you so much!! Glad to take part and happy you found me! thanks for the kind words :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome lettering and the illustration turned out great! :)

    ReplyDelete