Friday, May 16, 2014

#doodledream book launch blog party!



A few weeks back a good friend who I had met through Lilla Rogers' MATS courses, asked me to contribute a piece to launch her new book. Jenipher Lyn has written an honest, heartfelt book to help teen/tween girls navigate their way through those tough years. The book is so encouraging and chock full of her sweet doodles, I highly recommend it! Here's what she has to say about it:


"I wrote a super honest, encouraging, vibrant book with the intent to help others [especially teens!]
 feel less alone in this world. By using MY story, and LOTS OF colorful illustrations, I want others to realize they aren't alone on those dark, lowest of low days! This is my doodle dream!" Check out her blog Nightly Doodles, for more inspiration and sweet art.


The topic she asked me to come up with something for was "being yourself." To me, that's really the key (and certainly easier said than done) to being happy. Once you are comfortable in your own skin and not trying to act like others in the hopes of them liking you, you wiill be so much better off. Eventually, others will respect you for it and like you for who you are! Moral to the story? 
Just. be. you.


You can order the book directly from Jenipher here! It is also available for purchase on Amazon. Happy reading, doodling and dreaming!




2 comments: