Thursday, May 29, 2014

happy happy alphabet... M!


I have no idea why I thought of a milkman and a mailman, but it seemed like doing some humans would be a nice change of pace from all the animals that I contributed so far in Happy Happy Art Collective. By the way, CLEARLY I am not a copywriter! But somehow this one turned out with kind of a mid-century children's book feel, and I thought adding the copy was somewhat appropriate. Here below, you can see my rough sketches. I really don't do much more than this before taking a pic (on my phone, no less) and redrawing in illustrator. I hate tracing paper, so I usually keep erasing and redrawing until I come up with the basic gesture and look for the character. Be sure to check out the entire alphabet in our gallery over at happy happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment