Tuesday, September 17, 2013

40 days of lettering...day 6


Ok, so maybe I am a prototypical artist. No surprise, I hated math in school. Not that I did terrible at it, but I sure had to work at it and I knew that I would never work in a profession that required any sort of  mathematical mastery, so what was the point? I have an accountant friend, who understandably, loves numbers. I can respect that. But honestly, I will never get it. I guess what I really object to is the sheer amount of utmost respect it gets within our schools, at the expense of the arts. In our own town, they have implemented what they are calling curriculum "collaboration," in which core subjects are introduced and covered in non-core classrooms. The example given was that during art class, the art teacher would be touching on any artistic references to the current history curriculum. Ummmmm, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that would be called art history, not hands on art or drawing. I'm wondering if the math classes were asked to make the same sort of concessions, hmmmmmm.

Anyway, back on track and off my high artistic horse, this was a fun one to do since I managed to stay away from my usual sugary sweet style. I've been trying to do these fairly quickly, so it's far from perfect, geometrically speaking. Oh, geometrics=geometry?! Ooops, guess I should have paid a little more attention in class ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment