Saturday, September 21, 2013

illustration friday... together, plus day 8 of 40 days of lettering


That's right, I'm killing two birds with one stone. I hadn't done an illustration Friday topic for a couple months. When I saw this week's word, it seemed simple enough to treat it as lettering (which is often my fallback approach to these). I struggled a lot with this lettering, color-wise, treatment, etc. I'm still not sure I like it, but I was well over my self imposed time limit of an hour, so I called it done. Not sure why I ended up with another circular design, but I do like that it is a bit looser than some of the lettering I had been doing. Happy weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. I like very much what you did with the lettering, it feels fun and I love the colours as well!

    ReplyDelete