Thursday, September 19, 2013

40 days of lettering...day 7



Here's a little play off of the "Life is Good" brand. If only I could come up with something that is a hundredth as successful as that! This was once again, my not so successful attempt at a limited palette :/ Sometimes, I just can't help myself when it comes to color. I knew I wanted to end up with a circular layout, so the accordion kind of worked well for rounding up the bottom as a border of sorts. I sketched any number of kids/animals to be playing it...from squirrels to bears, bunnies, etc. but ended up with the newspaper hat wearing cat (who seems to have exceptionally long front legs). I also used some water color brushes in illustrator for a more hand drawn look. Have fun out there!

2 comments:

  1. Not only life is fun, so are your illustrations. I like how the characters fit in the hand-lettering. Amazing what you're able to achieve with brushes. Nice composition. I'll be watching you :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Antonija! Nice of you to pop by as well :)

      Delete